Business Owner's Policy
A Business Owner's Policy (BOP) is recommended for most small businesses, as it is often the most affordable way to obtain broad coverage. Combining both property and liability insurance, a BOP will cover your business in the event of such things as property damage, suspended operations, or lawsuits resulting from bodily injury or property damage to others.
Our Business Owner's Policy, offers a myriad of options to meet your specific insurance needs. Some businesses may find the BOP alone to be sufficient, while others may wish to tailor our BOP by increasing key coverages, adding other options, or eliminating unnecessary coverages.
Our package includes insurance protection for small businesses in the following industry segments:
- Apartment: Designed for owners of buildings used exclusively as apartment houses, including cooperatives.
- Building: Designed for lessors of commercial buildings occupied by offices, mercantile and retail establishments.
- Business: Designed for businesses providing personal consumer services, businesses repairing light consumer goods and businesses engaged in printing.
- Condominium: Designed for owners of buildings used exclusively as condominiums.
- Contractors: Designed for primarily small residential, special trade contractors.
- Garage: Designed for independently operated or franchised automotive service and repair businesses.
- Manufacturers: Designed for manufacturers of electronics, food products, leather goods, instruments, metal goods, paper products, plastic goods, rubber products, textiles and wood products.
- Office: Designed for a variety of firms providing medical, legal, financial or other professional services for their clientele.
- Religious: Designed for small churches and other houses of worship not affiliated with operating educational institutions.
- Restaurant: Designed for various food service establishments. Restaurant BOP is designed for fast food and family-style restaurants as well for fine dining establishments, banquet and reception facilities and caterers, as well as the larger family-style restaurants.
- Store: Designed for a wide variety of retailers primarily engaged in brick-and-mortar commerce.
- Technology: Designed for technology firms providing computer consultation and a variety of technology services for their clientele. We also offer a Technology Manufactures BOP which is designed for manufacturers of electronics and instruments products.
- Wholesalers: Designed for distributors of various types of durable and non-durable domestic goods.
Our BOP series affords a large number of built-in coverages important to protecting your small business, including:
- Business personal property (optional for some businesses)
- Building coverage (optional for some businesses)
- General liability
- Product liability
- Business income and extra expense (optional for some businesses)
- Employee dishonesty
- Equipment breakdown coverage
Small business insurance-specific coverage options are also available, such as:
- Increased fine arts coverage
- Accountants endorsement
- Lawyers endorsement
- Medical and dental office endorsement
- Eating establishment endorsement
- Spoilage coverage
- Bailees customers goods coverage
We are dedicated to the small business marketplace and we are sure that you will find an insurance product that is well suited for your business.